Becoming a Member
Interested in becoming a member of the Soil and Water Conservation Society? You can join online or download and mail the form at the bottom of the page.
Benefits of Joining:
All Members Receive:
- Support local, national and international conservation and land stewardship
- Be a part of the conservation community
- Share your work and be informed on other advances in the industry
- Enjoy professional development opportunities on current and emerging interdisciplinary topics
- Network with professionals from many disciplines through local, regional and international meetings
- Effective representation in policy circles on environmental, agricultural and conservation issues
- Interaction and education through local chapter membership in US and Canada
- Label pin and membership card for Presidents Club, Leader, and Conservationist membership levels
Additional Empire Chapter benefits:
- One year Subscription to the Journal of Soil and Water Conservation
- Monthly e-newsletter Conservogram
- Discount to the SWCS annual conference
- Discount on SWCS publications
- Free Aldo Leopold book
- Membership Lapel pin (except student level)
A message from former Empire Chapter President,
- Chapter scholarships
- Empire Chapter Mini-Grant program
- Reduced admission fee for chapters annual business meeting
- Potential chapter reimbursement for attending annual conference
- A chance to meet, share ideas, and learn from a network of professionals from many different disciplines throughout New York State
The Soil and Water Conservation Society (SWCS) is uniquely placed to deal with the issues that impact our world. As competition for various land uses increases from population pressure, biofuel production, wildlife habitat, green space, carbon sequestration, food production, and water management those professionals who are informed and interested in the resulting management choices stand to gain by belonging to the SWCS.
As our presence on the land over a 300 year span creates increased values, entrenched streams, climate change, sudden weather events and more sensitivity to soil, water, plant, animal and air quality the demand for conservation services will increase.
By belonging to the SWCS you will benefit from being better informed on conservation issues and having a voice nationally. As well as the opportunity to improve professionally and make contacts, the people who work on conservation issues are among the nicest I know.
I trust each member will give and receive in good measure. Let me know if you have questions or concerns that our society can help you with.
Yours in conservation,
SWCS Empire Chapter: email@example.com
Copyright 2015 Soil and Water Conervation Society. All Rights Reserved.
Link to news coming soon.